Spud’s Quest is an indie adventure game that draws it’s inspiration from retro classics like the Dizzy series, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid. The project was successfully funded on Kickstarter in November 2012 thanks to it’s 475 backers. The game is set to be released July/August 2013. Click here to pre-order your copy for £4.99.
Players take on the role of Spud and his friend Prince Charming, who has been cursed by an evil wizard and turned into a frog. The pair set on a journey to uncover four ancient stones that have the power to banish the evil and remove the curse.
The Oliver Twins said during the Kickstarter process: ”Wow! It’s amazing to see you emulate our style of games 25 years after we created them. It’s clear that playing Dizzy as a child has made a big impression on you. So good luck with your Kickstarter, I hope you are able to make the full adventure you’ve always wanted to – but not too close to Dizzy please 🙂 Make it your own.”
Some of the games features:
- A large fantasy game world featuring varied locales and characters
- Four dungeons brimming with puzzles and enemies
- Day / night / weather system that affects characters schedules
- Abilities / Powerups to further your progress
- Control switching mechanic (spud / frog)
Check out the trailer below…